All the latest information as Hull’s battle to avoid relegation continues when they take on Southampton
HULL CITY’S fight to avoid Premier League relegation continues on Saturday – but it won’t be easy away at Southampton.
The Tigers go into the game full of confidence however, after a 2-0 win at home to Watford where they had ten men for much of the game.
The Saints are safely in mid-table on 40 points, with Claude Puel impressing as manager in his first season in charge.
Here’s all you need to know ahead of the big game.
What time and what TV channel is Southampton vs Hull?
Southampton will entertain Hull art St Mary’s on Saturday, April 29.
The match will kick off at 3pm.
As it is a 3pm kick-off, it won’t be broadcast live on TV. However you can follow SunSport’s live blog from 2pm.
Keep up to date with ALL the Premier League news, gossip, transfers and goals on our club page plus fixtures, results and live match commentary
What is the latest Southampton team news
Charlie Austin and Matt Targett have both returned to training, and could get a spot on the bench.
Nathan Redmond should replace Sofiane Boufal from the team that lost 4-2 to Chelsea.
Jay Rodriguez and Shane Long will provide attacking options from the bench, with Italian hitman Manolo Gabbiadini leading the line once more.
What is the latest Hull team news?
Tigers head coach Marco Silva has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the trip to Southampton, so he is expected to name a similar side to the one that beat Watford 2-0.
Oumar Niasse won his appeal against the red card he was given against Watford.
He should take his place up front.
What is SunSport’s prediction?
Hull City are showing good fight and tenacity as they attempt to steer themselves clear of relegation.
However, a trip to Southampton is far from an easy one. While the Saints are safe from relegation in mid-table, they will be desperate to continue racking up the points and prove to boss Claude Puel heavy investment in the summer isn’t needed.
But Marco Silva has galvanised Hull, and we think they will be good for a point on Saturday. 1-1.
- Southampton have won four of their previous five Premier League matches against Hull City, although did lose last time out in November.
- The Tigers haven’t won away at Southampton in a competitive meeting since February 1951, losing 10 of 15 trips there since that victory (D5).
- Saints have won their last four home games against Hull, scoring two or more in each clash.
- Southampton have lost only one of their last 12 Premier League home games against sides in the bottom half of the table coming into the fixture (W7 D4 L1).
- Since Marco Silva was appointed Hull City manager, the Tigers have won 20 points from 14 Premier League matches. However, only one of these points (5%) have come away from home.
- In the seven Premier League away games that Marco Silva has taken charge of Hull City, the Tigers have an aggregate score of 3-17 (W0 D1 L6).
- Only Burnley (4) have won fewer points away from home in the Premier League this season than Hull City (5), but the Tigers have conceded the most goals on the road (41).
- There have been 54 goals scored in the last 16 Premier League games involving Southampton – an average of 3.4 per game. 13 of these matches have seen at least three goals scored.
- 13 different Southampton players have scored a Premier League goal this season; but none of these have more than six goals (Charlie Austin and Nathan Redmond both have six). Alongside Stoke City, they are the team with the lowest scoring top goalscorer in the Premier League this season.
- Despite not playing for them in over three months (January 14 th) and Hull City playing 13 Premier League games since then, Robert Snodgrass is still the player with the most goals (7), most goal involvements (10) and most chances created (45) for the Tigers in the Premier League this season.