All the latest news as the Terriers aim to make it three wins on the bounce since they returned to England’s top flight
HUDDERSFIELD have made a blistering start to their first season back in the Premier League with two wins under their belt.
And they will be seeking to make it a hat-trick of victories when Southampton come to the John Smiths Stadium.
But the Saints will go into the Premier League clash in high spirits following their last-gasp win against West Ham, 3-2, last time out.
Here’s all you need to know about Saturday’s encounter.
When is Huddersfield vs Southampton
Huddersfield will entertain Southampton this Saturday, August 26.
The game will kick off at 3pm.
What TV channel is Huddersfield vs Southampton?
As the game is a Saturday 3pm kick-off, it will not be shown on live TV.
There will be highlights from the clash on BBC One’s Match Of The Day, the program starts at 10.25pm on Saturday night.
You can of course follow all the action in SunSport’s LIVE BLOG.
Huddersfield Predicted Line-up:
LÖSSL, SMITH, SCHINDLER, ZANKA, LÖWE, MOOY, BILLING, KACHUNGA, INCE, VAN LA PARRA, MOUNIE
Southampton United Predicted Line-up:
FORSTER, CÉDRIC, YOSHIDA, STEPHENS, BERTRAND, LEMINA, ROMEU, TADIC, DAVIS, REDMOND, GABBIADINI
- The last time that these two teams met was in December 2010 in the third tier of English football –
Southampton won 4-1 that day.
- These two sides last met in the top-flight back in December 1971; a season that Huddersfield finished bottom of Division One.
- Huddersfield Town have started the season with two wins – the only other newly-promoted team to win their opening three games to a Premier League season were Bolton Wanderers in 2001-02.
- The Terriers haven’t won their opening three league games of a season since the 1979-80 campaign, when they won the fourth tier; they last won their first three matches of a top-flight season in 1924-25, on their way to the second of three consecutive league titles.
- Huddersfield have also kept a clean sheet in both of their Premier League games so far. The only previous occasion a newly-promoted side managed to do this in each of their opening three games in a Premier League season were Charlton Athletic in 1998-99.
- Southampton have failed to score in seven of their last 10 Premier League games, scoring just seven goals from 138 shots in these matches (5.1%).
- Saints have won more Premier League away games in 2017 (4 of 10) than they have at home (3 of 11).
- 23 of Huddersfield’s last 27 wins in league competition have been achieved by a one-goal margin.
- Since the start of 2014-15, Fraser Forster has kept 34 clean sheets in 88 Premier League appearances (39% of matches) – more than Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois (33 in 93 games) despite playing five games fewer.
- Dusan Tadic has now played 100 Premier League games for Southampton and he has been involved in 39 goals (15 goals, 24 assists). The only Southampton players to have had a hand in more in their opening 100 PL apps for the club are Matt Le Tissier (80), Marian Pahars (50) and Rickie Lambert (43 in 75 apps).
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and gossip ahead of the summer window with SunSport’s daily LIVE blog