All the latest news as Swansea gear up to welcome Jose Mourinho and his troops to the Liberty Stadium
MANCHESTER UNITED have named an unchanged side for their clash at Swansea.
And there is already some contrasting fortunes between the two sides.
While United whacked in four goals in their opener against West Ham, Swansea were toothless in drawing 0-0 at Southampton.
Jose Mourinho is starting to put his mark on the United squad and will be expecting them to mount a serious title challenge.
For Swansea their aims this season will be somewhat different – to ensure they are not dragged into a relegation scrap.
Here’s all you need to know about the big game.
When is Swansea vs Manchester United?
Swansea will host Manchester United at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday, August 19.
It is a 12.30pm kick off.
What TV channel is Swansea vs Manchester United?
The game will be shown live on Sky Sports Main Event.
The coverage starts at 11.30am, with the kick-off being 12.30pm.
There will be highlights from the clash on BBC One’s Match Of The Day, the program starts at 10.25pm on Saturday night.
?THE ANALYST: Swansea v Man United betting preview?
By Danny Higginbotham, THE ANALYST
YES, Romelu Lukaku is going to score bags of goals. But because of him, so will Paul Pogba – starting with the trip to Swansea.
Lukaku loves to play on the shoulder and, if I was playing against him, the first thing I’d do is drop deep.
?BET £5 GET A FREE £10 BET?
As my graphic shows, all of a sudden the space between the opposition defence and midfield gets bigger.
And I fully expect to see the likes of Pogba exploiting the extra room and scoring from outside the box, like he did against West Ham.
ADD IT TO YOUR BETSLIP: Paul Pogba to score anytime, 12/5
Swansea Predicted Line-up:
FABIANSKI, NAUGHTON, FERNÁNDEZ, MAWSON, OLSSON, BRITTON, FER, CARROLL, ROUTLEDGE, JORDAN AYEW, ABRAHAM
Out: Dyer, Ki, Llorente
Manchester United Predicted Line-up:
DE GEA, JONES, BAILLY, DARMIAN, VALENCIA, HERRERA, MATIC, POGBA, RASHFORD, MKHITARYAN, LUKAKU
Out: Rojo, Shaw, Young
- The Swans have never kept a clean sheet against Manchester United in the Premier League in 12 contests.
The last Swans goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet versus the Red Devils was Dai Davies in December 1982.
- Manchester United have won two of their last three Premier League meetings with Swansea (D1), this after losing the previous three all by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Swansea attempted just four shots in their opening matchday game away at Southampton, without any of them finding the target – both league-lows on MD1.
- The Swans are now unbeaten in their last six Premier League matches (W4 D2 L0) – this is their longest unbeaten run in the competition since a run of seven games between December 2012 and January 2013.
- The Welsh club have lost only one of their last eight Premier League home matches (W6 D1 L1) and in their only defeat in this run, they were leading until the 88th minute (1-3 vs Tottenham).
- Manchester United have only won two points (W0 D2 L2) and scored one goal in their last four Premier League matches away from Old Trafford.
- Manchester United have kept more clean sheets in 2017 than any other Premier League team (12).
- Last weekend, Romelu Lukaku became the fourth Man Utd player to score a brace on his Premier League debut (also Van Nistelrooy, Wilson, Rashford). Indeed, the Belgian striker is also looking to become the fifth player to net in his first two PL apps for Man Utd (also Ibrahimovic, Martial, Macheda, Saha).
- Anthony Martial came off the bench to great effect on MD1 becoming the first Man Utd player to score and assist a Premier league goal as a substitute since Nani versus Liverpool in March 2008.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has been directly involved in six goals in his last six Premier League games against
- Manchester United (three goals, three assists) but looks likely to miss this game for the Swans.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and gossip ahead of the summer window with SunSport’s daily LIVE blog