ASCOT racecourse boasts a wealthy and well-known historical past after it was based in 1711 by Queen Anne.
Though the Berkshire monitor hosts occasions all year long, Royal Ascot is the head of those and 1000’s will scramble for tickets as soon as once more this yr to allow them to watch the five-day occasion unfold in June.
From the well-known Gold Cup to the Royal Procession, a visit to Ascot is a should for all race fanatics.
Right here is all the knowledge you want forward of the highly-anticipated occasion this yr.
What’s Royal Ascot?
Royal Ascot is a five-day horse racing assembly which continues to draw the world’s finest horses from world wide to compete for a shot of glory.
The Queen has attended each Royal Assembly throughout her reign and is launched to the 1000’s in attendance by a horse-drawn carriage with the Royal procession happening firstly of every race day.
30 races are scheduled throughout 5 days of motion opening with the Queen Anne Stakes, named after the founding father of the racecourse.
When is Royal Ascot?
Royal Ascot takes place in June yearly.
This yr, the opening day might be Tuesday 18 June and can final on a regular basis till Saturday 22 June with six races scheduled per day.
How a lot are tickets for Royal Ascot?
Tickets for the occasion are highly-sought after and do not come low cost.
Costs fluctuate relying on the enclosure with the most affordable beginning at £37 for the Windsor Enclosure whereas the Queen Anne Enclosure will set you again £77.
For all ticket costs click on right here.
When is Women Day at Royal Ascot?
Women Day is on Thursday 20 June and stays some of the standard days to go to.
It is called the world’s most glamorous racing day with 1000’s turning up of their finest apparel and array of hats.
What’s the Royal Ascot costume code?
If you’re fortunate sufficient to be within the Royal Enclosure, formal daywear is important. For girls clothes and skirts must be of modest size falling simply above the knee or longer.
Attire and tops ought to have straps of 1 inch or larger.
Trouser fits are welcome and hats must be worn.
For males they have to put on a waistcoast and tie, a black or gray prime hat and plain black sneakers, WITH socks!
For the Queen Anne enclosure and Windsor Enclosure males should put on fits and socks have to be worn while girls ought to costume formal with a hat.
How can I watch Royal Ascot?
The entire of Royal Ascot might be broadcast on Sky Sports activities Racing.
ITV will even broadcast a few of the racing, these occasions might be confirmed nearer to the occasion.
What races are run at Royal Ascot?
Tuesday, June 18th:
- 2:30 – The Queen Anne Stakes (Group 1)
- three:05 – The Coventry Stakes (Group 2)
- three:40 – The King’s Stand Stakes (Group 1)
- four:20 – The St James’s Palace Stakes (Group 1)
- 5:00 – The Ascot Stakes (Handicap)
- 5:35 – The Wolferton Rated Stakes (Listed)
Wednesday, June 19th:
- 2:30 – The Queen Mary Stakes (Group 2)
- three:05 – The Queen’s Vase (Group 2)
- three:40 – The Duke of Cambridge Stakes (Group 2)
- four:20 – The Prince of Wales’s Stakes (Group 1)
- 5:00 – The Royal Hunt Cup (Heritage Handicap)
- 5:35 – The Windsor Fort Stakes (Listed)
Thursday, June 20th:
- 2:30 – The Norfolk Stakes (Group 2)
- three:05 – The Hampton Courtroom Stakes (Group three)
- three:40 – The Ribblesdale Stakes (Group 2)
- four:20 – The Gold Cup (Group 1)
- 5:00 – The Britannia Stakes (Heritage Handicap)
- 5:35 – The King George V Stakes (Handicap)
Friday, June 21st:
- 2:30 – The Albany Stakes (Group three)
- three:05 – The King Edward VII Stakes (Group 2)
- three:40 – The Commonwealth Cup (Group 1)
- four:20 – The Coronation Stakes (Group 1)
- 5:00 – The Sandringham Stakes (Listed) (Handicap)
- 5:35 – The Duke of Edinburgh Stakes (Handicap)
Saturday, June 22nd:
- 2:30 – The Chesham Stakes (Listed)
- three:05 – The Jersey Stakes (Group three)
- three:40 – The Hardwicke Stakes (Group 2)
- four:20 – The Diamond Jubilee Stakes (Group 1)
- 5:00 – The Wokingham Stakes (Heritage Handicap)
- 5:35 – The Queen Alexandra Stakes (Circumstances)
Your finest bets for Tuesday’s horse racing motion
The Sun Racing team reviews the action at Leicester in the latest report card
Top tipster Templegate’s best bets for the racing today
GET YA NEWS
Your one-stop shop for all of Monday’s racing news, results and gossip
Five things we learned from this weekend’s racing on and off the track
GOOD, BAD & UGLY
Don’t miss Matt Chapman’s latest column for Sun Racing
Meet the American trainer ready to take Royal Ascot by storm
CAL CALLS IT
Your best bets across the cards on Monday at Windsor and Leicester
RIDE LIKE THE WIND
We count down the 10 best rides at Royal Ascot in the last decade
How do I get to Royal Ascot?
Royal Ascot is situated around 50 minute drive from London.
If travelling from the capital and the north take junction 6 on the M4 onto the A332 and follow signs.
From the west take junction 10 off the M4 and then onto the A329.
From the south and east, take junction 3 off the M3 and then onto the A332.
From the midlands take junction 4 on the M40 southbound and then the A404 towards the M4. Leave junction 6 on the M4 onto the A332.
By Rail – South West Trains runs a frequent service to Ascot from both Reading and London Waterloo.