Have you ever seen these excessive stools?
Chances are, you’ve probably sat on one before. Restaurants and bars all over the place use similar high stools as part of their furnishings, but who knew they’d be at the center of a freak accident. Unfortunately, that’s what happened as described in this Facebook post that recently recirculated online, garnering 287,000 shares and 92,000 comments.
Dayana Duarte was having a Christmas party at her home when her sister-in-law, who weighs only 23kg, attempted to sit on one of these chairs. Disaster struck when the seat fell in on itself, exposing the metal rod in the middle – which then pierced her sister-in-law’s leg.
At the hospital, doctors informed them that if the metal rod had been 7cm off, the incident could have been fatal. They’re lucky that she was about to sit down instead of being in a completely seated position. That’s certainly one of the more unpleasant ways to die, if you ask me.
If you have one of these at home, time to get new stools, guys. (Make sure to get the four legged ones.)
Also read: 2yo M’sian Girl Dies After Knife Pierces Her Abdomen in Freak Accident