6. After reaching 24 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Adele broke Whitney Houston‘s record for longest-running No. 1 album by a female solo artist in U.S. history (The Bodyguard soundtrack tapped out after 21 weeks). The perform at the top made 21 the longest-running No. 1 in the modern-day Nielsen SoundScan period, which started 30 years earlier.
7. 21 was the very popular album in both the U.S. and Canada in 2011 and 2012, making it the very first album to manage that specific task considering that Michael Jackson‘s Thriller in 1983 and 1984.
8. In December 2011, Billboard called Adele Artist of the Year, granted 21 the Billboard 200 Album of the Year and exposed “Rolling in the Deep” as the Billboard Hot 100 Song of the Year, making her the very first female to ever top all 3 classifications at the same time. Thanks to the sustaining sales of the album, she was granted Artist of the Year and Album of the Year in 2012 also, making her the very first artist to ever win both back-to-back.
9. At the 2012 Grammys, she won all 6 classifications she was chosen in, consisting of Album of the Year, Record of the Year and Song of the Year, making her just the 2nd female artist in history (behind Beyoncé) to win that numerous awards in one night. Coupled with her earlier win for Best New Artist, she ended up being the very first woman and 2nd artist ever to win all 4 basic field awards throughout her profession, following Christopher Cross, who won them simultaneously in 1980. (Billie Eilish would, naturally, end up being the very first female to sweep all 4 at the same time in 2020.)
10. When the Recording Industry Association of America granted 21 with Diamond accreditation for more than 10 million copies offered in November 2012, Adele ended up being the only artist or band in a years to make it with simply a single-disc album because except time. She would, naturally, go on to break her own record when 25, launched in 2015, did it in less than a year.